Taking the time to arrange your funeral now leaves one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Our funeral directors are here to help you every step of the way.
While people spend months planning events like weddings and trips, few think about the one event that is certain to happen: their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantage of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Pre-planning your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
What you can dECIDE ABOUT YOUR MEMORIAL SERVICE in advance…
- Decide on Burial or Cremation and your casket or urn type.
- Pick what type of memorial service you want (religious, military, non-traditional)
- Choose which funeral home to use.
- Determine how your service will be paid for (you can pay in advance, have a portion of your estate set aside, etc.)
- Designate your pallbearers, pick any music or readings you want at your service.
Explore the Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone. Pre-planning gives yourself, family, and friends peace of mind.
- It’s easy and efficient. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.
- Pre-planning your funeral and memorial service gives your estate's executor some direction, which can take some mental and emotional labor off their plate.
- Pre-planning gives you the time to weigh your decisions, from how much money you want to spend to what type of memorial service you want to have.
- You have the opportunity to prepay for your funeral and memorial services when you pre-plan, making it even easier to execute your wishes when the time comes; it also locks in your prices for products and services.
WHAT TO CONSIDER ABOUT YOUR MEMORIAL SERVICE
If you're planning your memorial service, there are many things to consider. While considering your own funeral and memorial service can be daunting, it is often better for your family and loved ones if you make the decisions for yourself.
Here are some things to keep in mind as you make your arrangements:
- What Will be done With Your Remains? The process of arranging your funeral starts with choosing your final resting place. Will you want a traditional burial, or are you choosing cremation? This decision will impact costs and where you will be interred.
- What Type of Memorial Do You Want? There are all kinds of arrangements you can make, ranging from intimate graveside services to full memorial services. You may choose to have your funeral before your burial or cremation or opt for a memorial service afterwards. You may choose to have a viewing or visitation, or opt out entirely. Whatever you choose, our professionals can assist you.
- Personal Touches for Your Memorial Service: Planning your memorial service is about more than choosing the location and officiant. You may designate your pallbearers, decide if you want any readings (and who reads them) and designate who you would like to give eulogies. You can even choose the music that is played. This event is about you, so who better to plan these things?
- Guest List: If there is anyone you would like to be notified and invited to your memorial service who your family might not know, be sure to make that information known.
Pre-Planning Your Memorial Service is Simple with our Compassionate AssistaNCE
For years, our certified team has continued to expand our scope of service to suit the evolving needs of families throughout the Winston-Salem, NC region. We'll remain by your side throughout each distinct phase of the pre-planning process, so you won't have to worry about a thing. In fact, our compassionate personnel will help you to determine the perfect type of memorial service prior to selecting a suitable urn or casket.
If you're interested in learning more about our full suite of pre-planning services, be sure to contact one of the knowledgeable representatives at Affordable Cremations of Winston-Salem. We understand that some of our clients have difficulty making these important decisions, so we've eliminated all the guesswork from this trying process. You can rely on our staff members to provide unmatched care.